Monday, April 7, 2008

Here comes SuperFoy!

So my sister, Aleya, has come to visit us for a few days! She came in yesterday at 10pm, you know, the "witching hour" where he turns into a gremlin...and to our surprise, he was just fine and mellow the whole night!

The Aunt from the father's side in Gujarati, is pronounced, "Foy". My sister has dubbed herself as Kavi's "SuperFoy", and has given him the shirt to solidify this relationship:



She's been a huge help, showing us all sorts of tips and tricks on calming and burping. We're excited for Jud, Samira, Saji, and Savita - her family - to see Kavi!

It's funny, when Nisha's older sister (who has 2 kids) or my sister (who has 3 kids) picks up Kavi, he knows innately that a mommy is handling him. He has this sense, that is unexplainable. It's probably something that develops eventually, kind of like me with cats. Cats tend to like me!

Kavi is now 5 pounds, 8 ounces, so that's five and a half pounds! I think he may reach 6 pounds by April 17th, his actual due date. Breastfeeding is still a challenge, in that he prefers the bottle, because it's easier. But, today, he breastfed for half an hour, his longest stretch yet!

So today, my sister will watch Kavi for a little while so that Nisha and I can go out for just a bit! That's so awesome of her!



We look forward to the days where we can take Kavi with us to places! There's a lot of people who want to meet him!

No comments: