Sunday, February 17, 2008

Holding Kavi!








So today, Feb 17, 2008, I got to change Kavi's diaper for the first time. I mean, this is the first time I've EVER changed a diaper in my entire life! I didn't do too bad...and he didn't pee on me, so that's a good sign. 
I also got to take his temperature, you do it under the armpit. He put up a tiny struggle, but then he chilled out. He was pretty chilled the entire time. 
And, today I got to hold him! The nurse (Ruth) took him out of his little incubator, and swaddled him. And then she looked at me and said, "You get to hold him." And I was like, "Uhhh, OK. How do I do that?" It's actually not that different from holding Curly! Just gotta make sure your forearm is supporting his head.
Oh, by the way, he can lift his head up by himself, and when placed on his belly, he can flip over onto his back, all by himself. I'm telling you, the kid is STRONG. I saw the strength from the very first moment I laid eyes on him. After he came out, and was cleaned up, the nurse wrapped him in a blanket, walked over to Nisha and I, and turned him around so we could see him. He was tiny, but just that expression on his face, I'll never forget. I knew from that first second, and I even said it, "Wow, he looks strong!!" It's not just wishful thinking - I felt a strong energy from him. And now, we are seeing it in tangible form!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Amazing that he can already flip over. What a cutie. Ellen thinks Kavi looks more like Nisha at the moment...

Later! S